Monday, December 13, 2010

My Birthday

What you are confused because my birthday in November? No it’s not that I’m posting late again, Emilee and I just celebrated my Birthday late this year. It was truly a night to remember filled with fire dancing, human insects, Santa Claus and a Moose. No I’m not making any of that up. Emilee picked me up at 5:00 and we headed to the Butterfly Pavilion. They had a special winter light thing and we went, which is where the fire dancing comes in. They hired a fire dancer to dance with fire outside the Butterfly Pavilion. It was so cold, we really felt sorry for her. We just knew the fire dancer had to be cold.  As we were standing in line shivering we noticed a couple of women dressed up as butterflies, naturally I had to go have my picture taken with them. Finally we got inside and headed to the butterfly section which was kinda boring. They only had a few lights and most of the butterflies were sleeping. Next we went back outside where some really great lights and a couple of ice sculptures were. If it wasn’t so cold we probably would have hung out there for awhile but it was freezing so we went inside to the gift shop. There we found several dead butterflies in small display boxes for sale. It was very disturbing. I just hope the live ones don’t know. Also, in the gift shop was someone dressed up as a Praying Mantis. This guy was at least hired by the Butterfly Pavilion unlike the butterfly women.
Next was a delicious dinner at Ruby Tuesday’s and like usual Emilee and I were the youngest ones there. Mmmmm, it was soooo good!
It was still early so we went to Cato’s. It was closed but they let us in since they had other customers. Unfortunately there wasn’t anything great there.
Not wanting to go home yet we went to Bass Pro Shop next. They do such a great job decorating for Christmas! It was great. They even have a Santa’s Workshop section. We headed that way and saw that Santa was in fact there! Yay!
Me “Hey want to stand in line and get our picture taken with Santa?”
Emilee “The line is too long.”
Me “So if the line wasn’t there you would?”
Emilee “Sure”
So we moved on after taking our picture with a fake snowman. We then found some Jacob Shuler hats and then a Moose that Emilee and I hadn’t seen before, then to more Jacob Shuler hats. Then while on the second floor I looked down and saw Santa’s line was gone so I grabbed Emilee and off we went. Unfortunately the line was gone because Santa was gone. But there was an elf. So I got a not so willing Emilee to go with me to ask the Elf if she would take a picture of us in Santa’s chair. To my delight (not Emilee’s) the elf said she would see if Santa was still around. She went to his workshop door knocked and who should appear? That’s right Santa! Yay! He wanted us to sit on his lap for the picture but Emilee adamantly refused. Ha ha ha! He kept trying to talk her into it but she wasn’t about to budge. So the nice Elf took our picture and we were off to take more pictures of us with random things much to my delight (not Emilee’s.) No it’s not true she loves my craziness in fact she told me she would dress up like a butterfly with me if I wanted. 
We finally headed home where Emilee gave me a great purple journal with scriptures in it (which I have already started to use.) What a great Birthday!!! She owes me no presents for sure!!!






















 

7 comments:

EmileeAnn said...

Hahahaha!!!!
Great post Haley! :-)

Tammy Washburn said...

You have the most exciting birthdays! Happy Birthday! (late I know!)

cokelady said...

Wow, Haley, I am soooooooo glad you're my friend! And after reading through this post I'm so glad I'm the long distance friend and Emilee is the one who actually has to hang out with you. HAHAHAHAHA! You are NUTS!!! I can't tell you how much I enjoyed reading through your post and looking (again and again) at all the terrific pictures. You should post more often. Or have birthdays more frequently, causing you to have terrific things to post. ;-)

Tammy K. said...

HA!!! Haley Great post and very interesting "late" birthday. :-) I laughed and the pictures were great. You guys saw some weird people doing weird things. I hope they paid those crazy people a bundle to look so um.... NOT normal. :-)

Tammy Washburn said...

And I'm going to have to go with Sis. Becky on the sock thing. It is FREEZING in Alabama lately, 25 degrees (17-20 degrees @ night with humidity that chills you to the bone). I'm colder here than I was in Colorado!!

When I wear my skirts to church, I've been putting on tights, thermals, socks and boots under it all! You must be VERY warm natured!!

Tammy Washburn said...

If you've tried to call me lately....I haven't been home. Sorry about that. I am in full Christmas play director mode. :)

Haley Rachelle said...

I keep forgetting to add that there were fireworks that we saw off the highway on the way home. It was an all around awesome night!!!