Sunday, June 10, 2007

Happy Father’s Day!

Somehow I mixed up my days and thought today was Father’s Day so I went to the store this morning and got Chris all the great things he would want for breakfast that we didn’t have. Then I made it all up while he ran to his job site to unlock the doors for the scientist that were going to be there and finished just as he got home. I had the kids seated at the table and a card in front of his spot and then just after he sat down I left. That’s right I went to Village Inn to meet Emilee for breakfast. Now why would I do such a thing when I really thought it was Father’s Day? Well Chris has been working really long days like sixty two hours this week and I have been stuck at home with the children and going a bit crazy. Today was Ladies’ Bible study so I called Em last night and asked if she could meet me early and go to breakfast. And look at the bright side I am all practiced up and ready to make Father’s Day really great next Sunday and I’m not really bad because I didn’t really ditch my husband on Father’s Day I only thought I did. What a relief. Well breakfast was lots of fun even though we didn’t have room for pie. We laughed and laughed about all sorts of things and then we went to our Bible study and Emilee shared a really great devotion about giving to others and God giving back to us to overflowing proportions. Then we played Sequence. Which is a great game, especially when Emilee doesn’t win. I didn’t win either. Sister V beat us both. After Bible study Emilee and I headed to the thrift store and laughed and laughed some more. They have some of the greatest ugly skirts and shirts ever. After that I headed home and hung out until church. After church us Thompsons were planning on taking Brother Randy out to dinner but we all got a better offer to go to the Smiths for a Bar-B-Q. Mmm it was so good and I got to play on the Wii again. Emille beat me soudly once more but I did manage to beat her at Phase Ten Dice. We left about nine and then I dropped off my family so I could head to the airport to pick up my friend's Mom. Now I am finally home and very tired but after getting a pep talk from the NARR president I decided to blog about my great day while it was fresh in my mind and my many distractions are all asleep. Goodnight everybody.

9 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I'm curious as to what your husband said when he came home and found his favorite foods prepared along with a card that said, "Happy Father's Day" when it wasn't Father's Day? That is so great Haley!

Glad you and Em had so much fun...sounds like you needed it.

EmileeAnn said...

Great blogging, Haley!!

Haley Rachelle said...

I had Chris convinced it was Father's Day too. Ha ha.

Vicki Smith said...

You know, men are usually so oblivious, Chris would have probably never figured out it wasn't Father's Day if you hadn't 'fessed up. *giggle* So, are you going to do it all over again THIS week? --Actually, I'm glad you reminded me it was coming up. I bought a card for my dad while I was in Alaska but I haven't mailed it yet and I have NOTHING for my husband. I'd better get busy!
So glad you and Em had such a great Sunday. Isn't it great to have a good friend?

Unknown said...

You are so right, he would have had no clue. Sometimes he asks me what month it is and then I stare at him until I realize he isn't joking. I'm not sure if I'll do it over or not. His card is on display here in the living room so I won't have to get another one of those. Maybe I'll get him a present this time. And yes it is so good to have such a great friend. I can't wait until we take over the Ladies’ Retreat torch!

Vicki Smith said...

HA! I can't speak for Sister Bishop, but I have plenty of steam left and don't plan on passing off the scene anytime soon. *grinning* Now Sister Bishop . . . well, she's a lot older than I am. Man! I wish she read blogs. It's just no fun to tease her without her knowing about it!

Unknown said...

Oh, thats too funny because I would have made the same mistake if Sara hadn't remembered it for me. Whats worse though I had already forgotten it was happening this Sunday. I really would have been in trouble. I don't know what I would do or should I say going to do when Sara isn't here to keep me straight.

Unknown said...

I wish Sister Bishop read blogs and had one herself! She is so funny. It's okay about the torch. Emilee and I have to wait until we stop having kids and the ones we have leave. Who knows when that will be. Right Em?

I wish Anna was old enough to keep me straight. It's only fair considering the fact that I had a brain that worked before I started having kids.

cokelady said...

HA! That's hiilarious!!! I could never pull a mistake that that off with James--he would just look at me with that same bewildered look I see so often and say, "What are you doing?" He always knows exactly what day it is, what day it isn't, and what day tomorrow is. Great story, Haley!!!