Saturday, June 09, 2007

I'm Back

So as you may have read on Emilee’s blog, she beat me soundly on the Wii Wednesday. But, it was great. Oh and we beat the boys soundly (one out of six times and just barely) playing Mario Cart. On Thursday the kids and I drove out to Parker and got Sam a couple of plastic Little Tykes cars. They were only $10 dollars a piece and Sam is very happy. I’ve been trying to get a yard sale together to get a little extra money and get rid of some of my junk. I have a decent pile I was going to sell today but Chris told me last night he might have some stuff to add if I wait until next weekend. So I’m going to wait so I will have more stuff. Wahoo. In other news, I’m trying to sell my car to buy a van with air conditioning before we get to the hottest part of the summer. I hope it works out. We need more room and I really want a Dodge Caravan.

Now for some sad news, my Grandfather passed away a couple of weeks ago. He died in his sleep. We had the viewing last Saturday and sometime this month we are going to try to all get together to spread his ashes somewhere. None of my family was very comfortable with cremation but unfortunately my Grandfather didn’t have life insurance and the cost of a funeral is very high. Thank you again for all of your prayers for him these last six months. To my knowledge he did not get saved before he died unless it was in his final moments but I know that God was faithful and provided him the opportunity.

God bless you

3 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I am so sorry to hear of your Grandfather's passing. I know it makes your heart very sad. I pray that God will comfort you through this time. Love you!

Vicki Smith said...

So sorry about your grandfather. You are in my prayers.

Haley Rachelle said...

Thank you both so much I appreciate your prayers.