Tuesday, November 07, 2006

I was in Texas Yesterday

It is always strange when I switch states so quickly. I love air travel. I sat by the window on the return trip and got to see the wing move as we took off and landed. It was very cool. I flew to Texas Saturday to see my Grandpa. It was a really good trip. I'm glad I got to see him. He was recovering well from the head injury I blogged about last month, but, recently contracted pneumonia. I flew down because we were not sure he was going to make it. He is doing much better and is stabilized. Unfortunately, he keeps pulling out his feeding tube which makes his throat soar and then he does not want to eat which means the feeding tube stays in longer. Other than that he is doing well. I was able to talk to him a lot about the Lord. I am so glad that God provided a way for me to go.

The Brooks happened to be in Dallas on their return trip from their ministers convention and I was able to spend a few hours with them on Sunday. It was so good to see them, especially, brother Jimmy. It has been way too long. With him going to Iraq and all I haven't seen him for a couple years. We had Sunday School together and then went to Soper Salad. It was lots of fun. I hope someday we get to be in the same local church again!



Anna was great on the plane. On the way there she got her own seat. I took the car seat on the plane. I guess that make is a plane seat. On the way back she had to sit in my lap. She drew a lot of attention from the other passengers. Because she is so cute. Everyone was so nice at the airport. A lot of people offered to help me anyway they could. It was great. Carrying a backpack, a baby, a big diaperbag, and a car/plane seat can be kinda tricky. Especially through security.

 
 
  Posted by Picasa

9 comments:

Momma Tammi said...

I am so glad that you had such a good trip. I was thinking and praying for you all weekend. It is so cool that you got to see the Brooks.

Haley Rachelle said...

Thank you for your prayers! And Dr. Philly-Steak thanks for updating me on your new blog address. I missed it.

Momma Tammi said...

I didn't feel left out, I felt DITCHED! ~hee hee~ Isn't Philmeister the greatest!

Haley Rachelle said...

That's what teenagers do, they ditch old people like us. Remember? I know I did. But now I've entered the old people relm where forty is no longer old and mini vans are sweet. And I'm too slow to ditch anyone.

Haley Rachelle said...

But, Phillip it still isn't nice. Bad Phillysteak. :)

EmileeAnn said...

Great pictures Haley! I really like the one of the clouds behind the plane wing. Cool!!!

Haley Rachelle said...

See, I just love my camera. Come to the Dork Side.

Unknown said...

EVERBODY SING!!! Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Haley!!!!!! Happy birthday to you! And many more!

Haley Rachelle said...

Thanks old gal. Can you believe we're twenty four?