Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Pumpkin Launch

Hello blogging world. I missed you. I downloaded something bad that took over my computer. My very nice Pastor, Brother Jon came over with Emilee and the kids and fixed it for me but I was without a computer for awhile. First I would like to say that my Grandpa is doing much better. Thank you so much for all of your prayers. He is able to eat for himself, sit up and answer easy questions. This is a dramatic improvement. He goes to the hospital again soon to make sure his brain is still okay. I was able to talk to him on the phone tonight. I couldn't understand much of what he was trying to say but it was still very good to hear his voice. The goal is for him to regain enough mobility that he will be able to return to his home and receive in home care. Please keep praying for his salvation. I am praying for an opportunity to share the gospel with him. Perhaps a letter or card will be the best way. In other news I went to the pumpkin launch on Saturday with Sister Becky. The best launcher was was a twenty five foot tall sling shot made from a huge Aspen tree. None of my pumpkin launcher pictures turned out real well. There were fifteen launchers total. Some launched the pumpkins 1,000 feet and some launched the pumpkins 15 feet. It was very cool to watch. This weekend is my Grandma's eightieth birthday. Most of the family is going to go celebrate with her this Saturday. I am very excited. I can't wait to see her again. I haven't seen her since Anna's birth day. I made some great cookies yesterday with Sam's help. Luckily the lids of my spices are on tight otherwise we would have had garlic salt in the cookie dough. These are the best cookies I have ever made and I am very proud of myself. Well I will try to blog again soon. Bye for now.

3 comments:

Haley Rachelle said...

Me too, it seemed for long he barely hanging on.It is so nice now that he is stabalized.

cokelady said...

I'm so glad to hear your grandfather is doing better. What a miracle! We'll keep praying.

Pumpkin launch??? Who thought up such a thing?! Some MAN, no doubt. Sounds fun, if a little strange! :-)

Momma Tammi said...

Glad to hear the good news concerning your Grandpa.

The pumpkin launch sounds like so much fun. I love the pictures.