Thursday, October 05, 2006

What We've Been Up To

Well there is no new news on my Grandpa. I thought I would post about what has been going on around here. Sam's bigger four wheeler doesn't work even with batteries so Chris decided to tie it to the back of a bike and give Sam a ride. It was a little scary for me but Sam loved it and he holds on really good. He even leans into the turns. After I got over the initial shock of how fast they were going it was actually really entertaining.


This last Saturday we, the whole family together in our car, went to a firefighter day. They had out the trucks, a big inflatable firetruck slide, snow cones, and a robot they use for the bomb squad. Chris liked the robot best. It was a good time and the kids both got little plastic fire hats. Anna's disappeared somewhere but it didn't fit very good anyway. So we were at one of the booths and Chris was helping Sam fish in the kiddie pool for a rubber ducky that would yield a cheesy prize and this lady asked if Anna was a boy or girl. I had Anna strapped on in one of those baby backpack things and had her covered with a pink blanket. I said she is a girl. The lady said oh I didn't know with the pink. Is there a fad I don't know about? To my knowledge pink means girl and blue means boy and ugly green or yellow means they had the baby shower before they knew what the baby was going to be. Anyway, it was funny. Afterward we went to my Grandma's house and she had presents for the kids, new clothes. Yay! She said she didn't have her glasses when she bought Anna's clothes so they are 18 months but that's alright with me. They are very cute and will fit eventually. She got Sam a Harley Davidson outfit. It is very orange and it makes him look like a little basketball. I love it!

 
Today I decided to rearrange the furniture in the living room, the kid's room and our room. It is so good to not be pregnant and able to move things again. I think the furniture may have actually looked better before but I was in the mood for a change. In other news Sam has been doing great with Anna. He likes to push her in her swing although I don't let him so it very often.

 

He also likes to lay by her on the floor when she is in the baby gym. He is a good brother.

  Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

EmileeAnn said...

Hey...where are the last three pictures?? I love the one of Sam and Chris...too funny!!!!

Haley Rachelle said...

There you go, my blog is fixed. I don't know what happened to the pictures? But they are here now and that's what's important.

EmileeAnn said...

Great pictures!!!

cokelady said...

Yeah, great pictures! I agree--the one with Chris and Sam is terrific!!! Even just the picture is kind of scary! Looks like they're going way too fast!!! I'm sure it was a blast.

Haley Rachelle said...

I took a little video of it with my digital camera and make the mistake of showing it to my mom. she was a little freaked out.