Thursday, April 19, 2007

The Scoop

Retreat was so great!!! I can’t remember a weekend I have laughed so much. God was good and cleared the snow the weather men predicted so I left my house about 9:00 a.m. Friday morning to go get Emilee. We drove to a parking lot near DIA, dropped off the car and hopped on their shuttle bus to the airport. We checked our baggage and one of the employees tried to hit on me, at least we think he did, he didn’t speak the best English. We giggled our way down to security after that and stood in line forever….. and ever… and ever. Then we walked… and walked…. And walked to the nice walkways that do all the work for you. Man I love those things. Then we finally boarded the plane and with a little help were able to sit together. Apparently, there are only four oxygen masks to a row so we had to have a row to ourselves. Emilee used her charm and bot-a-bing we had our own row. She only made one guy mad. It was so cold when we left they had to de-ice the plane. I got lots of cool pictures but deleted most of them after suffering constant ridicule from one of the three other people traveling with me. I won’t name names, you know who you are. Finally we took off and I breathed a sigh of relief because at that point I knew for sure we were going to Washington. Wahoo!!! The flight seemed to take forever, probably because we were so excited to get there. When we finally arrived we went to thrifty rental to get ripped off, I mean pick up our car. The guy at the counter gave us a price double what the one on the internet had been. So we called Sister Smith and she and Sister Bishop came and rescued us in their rented van. It was so great because they are so funny. We laughed and laughed all the way to retreat. Some of the highlights were Zips, a hamburger joint with great fry sauce, Wal-mart and Safeway who don’t carry black cherry vanilla coke and a field with turkeys and a deer in it.

Well we finally arrived and it was a great retreat! We had so much fun. There was arm wrestling, some counting game, kidnapping Mandie, and so much more. Mandie thought she wanted to nap Saturday but we convinced her otherwise, we made her take us up a trail in her truck. I love Ladies’ retreats! The devotions, music, and messages were all so good and God’s presence was so strong! TAP went good too. Thank you all who prayed for me boy did I need it. We had six babies at retreat and they all did really good too. Anna liked having so many friends her size.

The trip home was not nearly as exciting. We were tired. We did manage to take our picture with a Moose and an astronaut but other than that things were pretty dull. Oh wait there were also guys wandering around wearing sombreros and the Wendy’s incident but other than that, oh also the crazy shuttle driver who seemed to enjoy scaring us, but other than that really the trip home was dull indeed.

5 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Hey, girl. Great report and great pictures. For some reason I'm not able to see the 4 just below this post, but the rest are coming in fine. It was so good to see you, and you did a GREAT job with the TAP group. I was blessed.

Haley Rachelle said...

I think that last weekend was one of the best weekends of my life. I can't remeber the last time I laughed so hard! I am so glad that our rental car didn't work out and we got to ride with you and the Bishop. Thanks again for your great comments in the TAP group I was nervous at first but I am so glad that you were in my group.

cokelady said...

Yeah, yeah--she says that to all her TAP-ers! ;-)

Great post--sounds like the trip of a lifetime! I'm so happy for you guys!!! Jealous, yes, but happy nonetheless. ;-) Were your men happy to have you back home?

Anonymous said...

Hey, I had a great time also. Everyone made my time wonderful. Im glad that there were other babies that was the first time Rachael has been around babies she had a great time I believe.

Haley Rachelle said...

It was, I think we have decided that we need to go to at least one extra Ladie's Retreat a year. Emilee and I said a couple times that we wished you and Tammi could have come too.

The men did miss us a lot. Probably because they were stuck with the kids.

Raeanne I'm so glad you enjoyed your first retreat! When we got back it was so wierd to see Anna on the floor alone after having at least one baby with her all weekend.