Sunday, April 29, 2007

The Pupet Show

We went to the puppet show with my Grandma on Thursday. It was so much fun! We got there a little early so Sam and my Grandma could make some puppets. She made a Queen and Sam made a King. I let Anna have mine. She pretended it was a popsicle and tried to eat it. The show, Rumpelstiltskin, was pretty good. There were six puppets all done by one lady. It must take a lot of planning, mundo organizational skills and some talent to pull it all off. I think I would get which voice goes to which character confused and then everyone would be confused. Our little group seemed to be the only non school group. Most of the kids there were kindergarten age. Sam really liked being around so many "big kids". He and Anna both did really well. I think one of the funniest parts of the whole thing was whenever there was gold on the stage the kids would yell at whatever character was on to "TAKE IT". It was great. After the show the kids got to play with puppets in little puppet stages. Sam was a little short for the stages but he didn't really notice.



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Tammy Washburn said...

How fun!!! I love puppets.

Momma Tammi said...

Looks like so much fun.

Haley Rachelle said...

Hello Tammy and Tammi. I wish the both of you lived closer. The puppet show was lots of fun. One of the ladie's from the Colorado Springs church gave me a couple puppets. I think I will have to get them out and put on a show for Sam.

Tammy Washburn said...

Awww. Sam is so cute. Put a tension rod with a curtain in the doorway. Instant puppet stage. He'll like putting them on for you too.

I have a bunch of puppets & have donated them to the church. We have a HUGE puppet stage that looks like a barn or a house, but we have also transformed it into an ark and a spaceship and this year a hot air balloon! I got a big white hairy dog puppet that I got from a thrift store for
$1.50.

Jamey said...

Cute pictures! Puppet show sounds fun!

Montgomery's said...

Looks like all of you had a great time at ladies retreat and how much fun to go to a puppet show. Oh, and when I saw the pictures of the "frisbee" I thought. . . what a great window breaker! Ha! Enjoying the pictures that you post. Have a great day!