Wednesday, May 09, 2007

Cinnamon Rolls

I am so proud of Emilee and me! We made real live ewey gooey delicious cinnamon rolls. I love cinnamon rolls but until today didn't really know how to make them. They take forever but they are so worth it. I expect to gain about five pounds this week eating my half of them but that is okay too. Becki helped lots. She sent us very funny e-mails and called intermittently to give is much needed instructions and to make sure things were going okay. I wish she lived up here with us instead of in Texas, that way we could hear her best Julia Child impersonation. However, Emilee's was pretty good. In our endeavor to take forth the Bishop's and Sister Smith's torch had lots of fun together and laughed our way through most of the cinnamon roll process. We also had a thumb war match that left us deadlocked just like the arm wrestling match.

Sam had lots of fun running around in the backyard with the big boys. He is out like a light tonight. Anna laughed and laughed as Emilee worked on the rolls. I'm not sure what she was so happy about.

My wonderful husband made dinner tonight which was great because the cinnamon rolls took way longer to make than we thought they would and I didn't get home till after 6:00.

I have had four cinnamon rolls so far, or maybe five. Hmmm. I think I lost count. Oh well I'll start the count again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Vicki Smith said...

Hey, girl! I'm so proud of you guys! Good job! And I'm happy Em called Bec and got her involved in the process. It sounds like it worked out great for all of you and even though a 13 hour drive separates you guys, you had a blast together. Modern technology is SUCH a blessing, isn't it?

My sidekick is in Israel right now. Without ME! Of all the nerve!!! And she's probably having fun, too. How RUDE. Actually, I KNOW she's having fun because she's with Sister Leist, who is a riot!

cokelady said...

I wish I could have been there to take part in all of the craziness in person, but I must admit that it was a lot of fun even from a distance. I love the pictures Emilee sent last night--you guys are hilarious!!! I was good and only had two rolls last night. And picked at the others enough to probably add up to a third. ;-)