Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Hello Again

Okay, okay, I'll post. I don't have a good excuse for my sabbatical. I'm just a slacker. :) Well on to my report. The Saturday night before camp my traveling buddies Persephanie and Kristin came over and stayed the night. Sunday morning at 5:30 we were stuffed, literally, in the car and ready to go. We headed over to Jon and Em's and then followed them down to camp, kinda. Somewhere in NM we stopped for a bit and then they stopped for a bit, we kept missing each other but we finally caught up about an hour from camp.

Camp itself was so fun! I had the girls and my kids in my cabin with the added bonus of Sister Marcia. Our bathroom adjoined to the single girls. Yikes, what a combo. One night I scared Anita to death when I went around their side of the bathroom to tell them to quite down at about 2:30 a.m. or so. Another night Sister Marcia and I giggled into the late hours about our torture chambers (camp beds.) Sam managed to fall out of the bed a few times. One of the times Sister Sara was there and said that he sleepily told her no when she asked him if he wanted help. She said he wasn't even awake and he told her no. Ha! He must dream of saying no. Crazy kid.

So some other highlights from camp were Persephanie and Kristin getting saved, sanctified, and filled with the Holy Ghost! Yay! I can't tell you how happy that makes me. Also I had lots of fun with the girls this year. :) However I'm not the fan of Sequence I use to be. Fruit Basket Upset is not a game to be played if you are over the age of twenty and wearing sandals. I don't know what I was thinking. Hmm what else??? I know there was lots more great stuff that happened at camp but lets move on to convention.









Convention is when I really started to miss Chris. Part of me wanted to go home and skip it. But, I'm glad I persevered because God was there and I love being in His presence even if I have to make several trips to the hallway with my children. For convention Persephanie and Kristin stayed with their Great Grandparents and I stayed with Sister Karen, Sister Dodie, and Sister Charlene. I was a little worried about the kids keeping them up but they did really well. I think Sister Karen fell in love with Sam. One morning he wandered over to her side of the bed and said please with his arms wide open signaling he wanted to be held. Could you die?

The Sunday night after convention I stayed with Sister Marcia and company and left early the next morning. The drive home was long. Did I mention I don't have air conditioning in my car? Yuck. But we got back and it is good to be home. It was so great seeing everyone and fellow shipping. It was really nice seeing Kathy and Angie who I haven't seen in years. I think we should have winter retreat. What do you think?

1 comment:

Vicki Smith said...

Great post, Haley. I enjoyed reading your account, your thoughts and observations. Thanks for the pictures, too!