Sunday, September 24, 2006

Ahhhh the Fiasco

So one of the funniest parts of this ordeal has been me driving Chris' truck. Well it has gotten funnier. The starter is going out which means half of the time you can start it normally and the other half you have to push start it. Does anyone see where this is going? Well I went to King Soopers without a hitch on Saturday so I didn't think much about going to McDonalds later that night. Since we can't all ride safely just Sam and I went. Now Chris' driver side window doesn't roll down, actually it does but I don't know how to do it. I do know when it's up you have to shove something on the side, like a glove, to keep it up. Anyway I didn't want to deal with it, so Sam and I went inside. After I got Sam, the food and myself in the truck I tried to start it and surprise no go. Knowing this might happen I had parked on a slight incline. So I stuck one leg out of the truck and began to push us backwards then I pulled it back in, stepped on the clutch, threw it in reverse, the truck jumped, went ra ra and died. So I stuck my leg out again and repeated the process with the same result. As providence would have it a nice couple coming out of McDonalds offered to help. They pushed the truck and I tried several times to pop start it to no avail. After making half of the drive thru loop I pulled to the side in a parking spot. The woman of the couple asked if I needed a phone. I had my cell. I thanked the nice couple, who after pushing me so far were tired and ready to go on their merry way. Then a car full of people in the drive thru line asked if I needed help. I politely declined. At this point I was very embarrassed and just wanted to call my husband. I knew he was about a mile and a half away with Anna and couldn't do anything to help but I still wanted to call. He encouraged me to try to pop start it some more. So I, in a skirt mind you got out of the truck and pushed with all I was worth from the driver's side door up a slight hill right beside the drive thru till I couldn't make it go any further. Then I turned around and pushed as hard and as fast as I could the other way, then I jumped in the truck, pushed in the clutch, put it in first, felt the truck jump, herd it go ra ra and then die. I repeated this process three times as three or fours cars went through the drive thru. I think this may be my new all time most embarrassing moment or very close to it. Finally a very nice man offered his help. I said "I'm trying to push start it." He smiled and said "Yeah I could see that." He pushed and I pop started the truck and it went forward on it's own. Hurray!!! I was so relieved. I stopped and thanked the nice man and his girlfriend who was standing by their drivers side door apparently ready to progress in the drive thru line if need be. It was great. Sam was really good through the whole ordeal I just gave him a French fry every once in awhile and he was happy. So we have new news on the Ford Focus. George and his girlfriend waited for the dealership to fix the Land Cruiser only to find that once it was fixed the dealership wanted more money. So they continued their search and found a Volkswagen Jetta they like. They are suppose to pick it up tomorrow night and then give us the Focus. EVERYONE PRAY .... HARD!!! So goes the fiasco. At least there has been entertainment derived from all of this. Oh, I almost forgot, I almost ran Chris over Thursday night after church. He has taken to standing on the tire to get in the back of the truck through the camper shell window. I didn't give him enough time to get in. My bad. Wow, writing books must be contagious.

4 comments:

EmileeAnn said...

I saw Chris pushing it yesterday and assumed he was trying to get it started. I had no idea you had to go through that by yourself. That's just WRONG! I'll be praying about the Focus...God knows. I still got a laugh from the incident on Thursday. He was already pretty worked up and then his own wife tries to run him over...HA! HA! HA! I'm glad you're able to laugh about all of this...I'm not sure I'd be in the same boat.

Momma Tammi said...

Embarrassed...no...frustrated...yes, mainly because the food was getting cold and who likes cold fries, yuck! After all was said and done, laughing hysterically. How awful that you had to go through that, but what I wrote above was the reactions that I went through as I read it. Now...trying to run Chris over...hee hee! Too funny! I can just see his reaction.

Anonymous said...

wow Haley
i guess you can truely say that it was a fiasco. I am sorry for all you had to go through, i have been through it myself once or twice so i know how it feels. Well i really hope that the Focus finally works out. I'll be praying.

Haley Rachelle said...

Hopefully, the fiasco will be over very soon. George is home cleaning out the car. When he's done he is going to call Chirs and head this way. Then Chris will drive him home, get the title, give George the money and I will finally have a car. I have my hopes up, we'll see what happens. Thank you all for your prayers.